These new beta releases have the following features in common:
- Ability to open PDF files. This allows the full richness of PDF to be retained including links, text and bookmarks. Instead of printing PDFs from Adobe Reader, create a PDF using the Save command. For example, from a browser, use the Save as PDF option in the Print dialog box.
From a Windows folder, use the Send to option when right-clicking files:
- Multi-select open. The toolbar Open command allows multiple files to be selected and opened. PDFs will open natively and other types of files will use the Print mechanism.
- New toolbar with colored icons.
- Desktop icon. You can now open files by dragging/dropping files onto the desktop icon. Double clicking the desktop icon opens an empty session. Drag/drop or use the Open icon to load files.
- Letterhead paper tray option. This allows Letterheads to be accessed by the tray mechanism in some applications such as Word.
- pdfFactory Pro has a Settings option to automatically save FP files along with the PDF.
- Performance enhancements
- Improved connection to email systems