Elements of Server Edition Licensing:
- A license must be purchased for each user that accesses Server Edition (SE) through the network.
- The licensing is not concurrent.
- A single user may access SE installed on multiple servers with a single SE license.
- All licenses related to server use are server edition licenses. Do not purchase a server license for the server and workstation licenses for workstations.
- Trial mode is not permitted for any commercial purposes. It is intended for evaluation purposes only. This applies to workstation licensing also.
- if 8 different users (defined by unique usernames) will access SE on the network, purchase 8 server edition licenses regardless of whether the 8 users will access SE at different times or concurrently.
- if you have 20 users on your network but only 8 of them will use SE, purchase 8 server edition licenses.
- if you have 8 terminal server/citrix users using a single or multiple servers, purchase 8 server edition licenses.